[October 27] In the morning of October 26, 2021, the Opening Ceremony of the Digital Boot Camp on Essential English for Cross-cultural Communication welcomed Representatives and students from various countries all over Asia.
The Digital Boot Camp on Essential English for Cross-cultural Communication is organized by Don Mariano Marcos Memorial State University (DMMMSU), aiming to equip students with knowledge about ASEAN, English skills and other necessary skills such as communication, leadership and educational technology. The Opening Ceremony welcomed the presence of Dr. Jaime I. Manuel, Jr. – President of DMMMSU, Dr. Jesus Rafael B. Jarata – Director of Office of Internationalization, Linkages & Expanded Tertiary Education, Equivalency Accreditation Program (ETEEAP) and other staff as well as representatives and students from international institutions:
- Philippines: Don Mariano Marcos Memorial State University, Occidental Mindoro State University, Don Honorio Ventura State University;
- Vietnam: Van Lang University, Academy of Finance;
- Indonesia: Universitas Jambi, Universitas PGRI Semarang, Universitas Pendidikan Ganesha, Universitas Tunas Pembangunan Sukarta;
- Thailand: Thai Tech Group, Udon Thani Rajabhat University, Thaksina Business Technological College;
- Bangladesh: Daffodil International University.
Representatives and participants from universities and academies in various countries were present at the Opening Ceremony.
Dr. Jaime I. Manuel, Jr. gave a warm welcome to all the participants and wished the Boot Camp success.
After the Ceremony, students will soon engage in the lectures and workshops as follows:
1. October 26 (Tuesday)
- Session 1: 1:00 – 5:00 PM
How does ESL work in the ASEAN Context: Trends and Challenges
Dr. Melda M. Uychoco
2. October 27 (Wednesday)
- Session 2: 10:00 – 12:00 AM
Essentials for English Speeches and Presentations
Prof. Hannah Kimberly O. Grindulo
- Session 3: 1:00 – 5:00 PM
Effective Communication for Successful Leadership
Prof. Ma. Linda G. Bose
3. October 28 (Thursday)
- Session 4: 10:00 – 12:00 AM
Culture, Society and Politics Dynamics in ASEAN
Prof. Romar Farcanao
- Session 5: 2:00 – 3:00 PM
Establishing a Professional “self” through Effective Cross-cultural Communication
Prof. Ma. Elaine D. Pinay-an
4. October 29 (Friday)
- Session 6: 10:00 – 12:00
Educational technology in classrooms: The Multimedia Technology Communication
Dr. Bernardo D. Lamadrid
- Project-making: 1:00 – 4:30
- Closing Ceremony: 4:30 – 5:00
Speakers of the Digital Boot Camp on Essential English for Cross-cultural Communication. For more information, view here: https://tinyurl.com/a32wx8fx
The Opening Ceremony was a success, with students actively participating in ice breaking activity to meet their partners and create their group name along with a unique group cheer. Starting from the afternoon of October 26, they will officially embark on the journey to learn new knowledge and improve their skills.